lower gears for faster get aways!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: lower gears for faster get aways!
From: "cfchrist" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:59:33 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
i called jon stamps todat shoping for the ever elusive 5.3:1 rear axle gear
set.  kinda wondow shoping i guess.

ok i was stunned at the price(565.00).  all i want is a ring and pinion.  i
was told that all that he sells is complete  rebuilt  center sections.  i
explained that i am going to either put my  positraction unit in or weld the
side gears in it any way,  did he have a used one that was not rebuilt or
apart?  his answer was no not at this time.  he is waiting for a shipment
from england i believe he said but didnt know if  one was coming with this
load.  bummer on me!

so here is my question.  does anyone live in england that shops salvage
operations?  i know that this ratio was installed in postal vans when new.
i do not know the life expectancy of a postal van.   but if this fellow has
a person shoping ,  collecting and selling these rears,  ummmm where are
they ?  i really want one for next years giants despair hillclimb for my pet
bugeye( make nice christmas gift for car from me?). he-he!

seriously though i can rebulid a rear myself,  just cant seem to hook up
with with a ring and pinion set.   ant ideas?
chuck.
what planet is this anyway? and how did i get here?