ZS Carb/Crankcase Ventilation

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS Carb/Crankcase Ventilation
From: "Brent & Tatiana \"Monito\" Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 02:01:46 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have searched the archives, my Haynes manual, my Import Service manual,
and I can not find all of the pieces to my puzzle.  The question is: Exactly
how is the crankcase ventilation system supposed to be connected on my 76
Midget 1500?

The car is a non-catalyst, it is supposed to not be a California Model, the
ZS carb is a manual choke and has a sticker on it the says "For Emission
Control Systems". All of the smog, emission, ventilation equipment and hoses
have been removed.

The car still has 1 adsorption canister with connections for the fuel tank
vent, two hoses that go no where (the center one with a restrictor
installed), and a running-on control valve connected directly to manifold
vacuum. A hose is connected to the oil separator on top of the valve cover,
but it goes no where.

All of the diagrams that I have show the hose from the valve cover
connecting to a T that connects to the center restricted connection on the
adsorption canister and to a "restricted" connection on the ZS Carb.  The
only connections that I can find on this carb are: 1) the fuel supply, and
2) a capped connection that I was where the EGR valve and Vacuum Advance
where connected (On top at the outlet of the carb).  I can find no other
connection to this carb.

The Haynes book shows several good views of the carb and several different
ventilation hook ups, but none seem to match the set up on this car.

Thank You

Brent Wolf
76 Midget