Midget Frt Suspension

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget Frt Suspension
From: "BOLIN, TIMOTHY" <TBOLIN@scana.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:20:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey Folks Need Your Help,

After a year of poor self motivation, I've finally doved back into working
on my 65 midget restoration.  I purchased new lower A arms a couple of years
ago along with frt end rebuild kits and had the king pin bushings reamed to
fit.  now to the problem,  after installing the left A arm to the frame the
king pin hits the shock arm.  The right king pin seems to be fine, nice snug
fit between the upper trunnion and shock arm. For the sake of describing the
relative postions of the king pins to shocks here is my feeble atempt.

right side    with the A arm, with king pin, attached to frame, the upper
end of the king pin when raised up lines up with the gusset of the shock
which is below the round knob(?) of the shock.

left side       when raised the upper end of the king pin is forward of the
gusset about 1/2 inch making the fit of the trunnion to shock arm damn near
impossible, not enough rearward clearance of the king pin.

Could I have a bad A arm or king pin or both?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,  after a year's absence I don't
need this for motivation.

Many thanks in advance,

Tim