Re: Bugeye wheels

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: Re: Bugeye wheels
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:51:42 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
According to Horler, page 41"Orig. Sprite & Midget":

"Up to chassis number AN5-15150 (April 1959) the two sections of the wheel were
rivited together, but after this they were welded to improve their strength."

"The wheels were again strengthened at chassis number AN5-39224 (May 1960), the
hub face pressing having larger radiating ribs where it was formed into the hub
cap mating ring."

Somewhere I read that there are actually THREE different lengths of radiating
rib.
The shortest being on the rivited wheel and progressively longer ones on the
welded wheel.  Anyone shed further light.
I have about 8 or 9 of the rivited variety if anyone is interested.  I also have
the solid non-vented wheels at your disposal.

Regards,
Dave
59 :()