Re: Overhead lights, was Big Folks

To: toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: Overhead lights, was Big Folks
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:35:12 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/26/99 6:42:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

<< It is a
 piece of plexi-glass that is wedge shaped and fastens to the windshield with
 a suction cup over the rearview mirror. The plexi refracts the view of the
 traffic lights so that you can see the light with the hood up without
 craning your neck forward to see under the widscreen frame.He says he will
 make me one as his is home built but I have not received it yet. I have seen
 these items of simular design offered at swap meets for the older American
 vehicles, >>

This was an option on the 1958 Chevrolet.  It looks like a crystal mushroom.
I asked what it was at an auto show, and the owner said it was to help see
overhead traffic lights.  You could buy a '58 Chevy, remove the reflector and
throw the rest away...or you could put the hood down WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport