RE: Strange rattling - please help me!

Subject: RE: Strange rattling - please help me!
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:03:39 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

right this second I just investigated a strange rattling sound from my 1275
(Im talking like right now)... with the help of a lovely assistant who held
the gas pedel... I narrowed down to the alternator (well mines a generator)
as well... it hasnt been charging for about a week or so now and the noises
are fairly new... Im going to try to run without the belt briefly cuase the
same belt powers the water pump I believe... and see if the noise is gone...
Im going to LA right now so I gotta run... but a new alternator is on my
list... but I might go for the Clarici Alternator conversion instead...
still thinking about it... Good luck with your rattle! Ive got to get on it
too... I could be destorying my old generator maybe a rebuild would work
better...

Strange rattles are what these cars are made of!

Good luck

Toby
Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, r.toby.atwater@worldnet.att.net
1969 Austin Healey Sprite, mk 4