dem's da ...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: dem's da ...
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:42:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brake's?

I sprung a leak tonight at a rear wheel.  By the time I got the wheel off I
couldn't see much.  The fluid seems odorless ( to my nose anyway ) seems
clearish and so I'm guessing that it's the rear cylinder.  But, if it's the
rear seal, what parts would I need to do both.  I'm only going to get one
shot at a parts store tomorrow morning. (next shot: next weekend)

Looking at Moss' catalogue, it looks like 3 pieces for seals/o-rings for the
axle end of things and what else would I need for the brakes besides a rear
cylinder (and a rebuild kit for the old one to use as a spare.  Any cautions
that I should be aware of in rebuilding a rear cylinder and then storing it?
Bag it?)  I'm guessing that the parts store will know, but any advice will
be appreciated.  I would hate to be grounded for a small oversight.  Time
becomes more precious at this point in the year when the kids' school is
about to start again.

I assume that my 1300 mile shoes are toast.

I haven't done brakes beyond pads, shoes, drums and rotors and don't have
any specialty tools ( but I can get those at lunch hours ).  And I've not
done a seal.  (Daniel, isn't the French word for seal ( the animal ) closer
to 'fook' in pronunciation?)

Off to read Haynes ... and discuss whether Sprite ( ever look up 'Sprite' in
the dictionary? (for those that don't think 'svelte' is a good word :) ))
parts or school uniforms take priority tomorrow AM.

Robert Duquette  ( mother's maiden name is O'Reilly - but I was brought up
in Quebec.
Father's mother's maiden name is Keenan.  )
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG Sprite