Re: Wheel blasting

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel blasting
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:32:10 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/29/1999 8:06:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

<< Speaking of wheels, guys--I am going to sandblast my Rostyles for
repainting
 and baking.  Question about sandblasting--Should I avoid the sealing inner
 lip of the rims when sandblasting or will that not disturb the sealing
nature
 of the lip?  Seems like if there is rust there it might help it to blast off
 the rust.  Or does the blasting and repainting process restore the seal?  >>

I had all 5 wheels from my Midget blasted all over.  The sandblaster guy also
primed them for me.  The spare was rusty EVERYWHERE when I got it.  The place
where I bought the new tires said that the would put a sealer on the edge of
the rims to make sure I had a good seal.  No problems so far.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport