Re: Question for George Marinos and/or other Concours Judges on the List

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: Question for George Marinos and/or other Concours Judges on the List
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 12:17:40 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doug,

I wonder if they did them both ways?!  (I have two '63 Sprites that are Iris
Blue with the original darker blue interior, and both of them have the shift
cover painted the same darker blue color with no Iris Blue underneath the
dark blue paint.  One car came from Arizona and the other came from Boston.
It just seems too coincidental that the two POs would have both taken all
the original paint off and then painted the covers the exact same shade of
dark blue.  I also have a very early white '63 Midget with only 28,000 miles
purchased from the daughter of the original owner who never drove it after
her mother died and left it to her.  It has never been molested.  It has a
red cover (with no white underneath) to match the red interior.)  I don't
know what to think now.   By the way, I don't know which of my extra fuel
gauges and electric tachs work, so I'd rather not sell any at this time.

Thanks,
Bob