comp 1/4 eliptics

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Team Thicko Mail List" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: comp 1/4 eliptics
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:09:25 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
To all,

In an effort to keep at least 3 wheels of the Red Rat Bastard on the ground
during most of a lap, I am looking for a set of 3 leaf competition springs.
I know that Winner's Circle sells them. Anyone got a set they're not using?
Paul Fitzsimmons... how much did the set you had made up cost? How does the
spring rate compare with the Winner's Circle product?

If I can get the rear settled down a bit (like no oil on the tires, some
shocks that actually dampen, and maybe the right rear spring rate) perhaps,
just perhaps I can get my lap times under 3:02. I've done 3:02's on 4
different race weekends... and that's completely a factor of track
conditions, temperature, lap traffic, and tire condition. Seeing as my dry
rotted Hoosiers are 3 seasons old, I may be aiming a bit high here. There
have been weekends where I drove my ass off, but couldn't get under 3:08...
so it's a variety of contributing factors.

Of course, if I make this rear end change, you'all might not see the numbers
on the side of the RRB.

WST