Re: Could a east coast driver handle SR49? (Just joking, maybe?)

To: <FRED_KRAMPITS@HP-USA-om45.om.hp.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Could a east coast driver handle SR49? (Just joking, maybe?)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:14:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now wait just a dul flippin minut .  I have driven on some hairy roads in
my Midget. The PigTrail in AR, Ten Sleep Canyon in WY. Now I gotta agree
that in the old country (the right coast) there are no really twisty
roads. However just 'cuz I live in the east doesn't mean I cna't drive
with the best of them. In fact at the recent BMW driving thingy when we
ran the autocross, in the rain, the only folks that beat me in time were
the pro drivers, and then only by a second and a half or less.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 8/31/99 15:48,
FRED_KRAMPITS@HP-USA-om45.om.hp.com made the profound statement:

>I remember in North Adams, Massachusettes is the world famous hairpin turn,
>signs warning you quite a good distance that it was coming but people still
>screw up there. SR49 is full of hairpin turns, driving at the edge of
>cliffs,
>one mistake could be fatal. Would Crash really be willing to risk his
>"original
>Bugeye"? It is actually a very exciting drive, but not one to get caught
>admiring the sights too much.
>
>Fred Krampits

Larry Macy
78 Midget