Re: fate of the hobby

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fate of the hobby
From: AHSprite78@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:09:38 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm 18 and a senior in highschool.  2 or 3 years ago i decided that i wanted
to fix up a car.  My criteria were that it had to be small, fairly cheap,
easy to fix, and well, FUN.  Well i looked at a few cars Crosley wagons
(almost too small, it was too small then and i've grown a foot, and not much
fun) BMW isetta's far to expensive and kinda weird, then we found the sprite.
 I bought it on the spot.  Well to make a long story short, i've got it
running now and plan on drivin it till it snows.  (maybe i'll get her out for
new years and christmas, we'll see)  My dad and i restored it just about
completly everything except the tranny and rear end. It's not perfect but
it's mine, and it's FUN.
I take just about anyone and everyone out for a ride. Sure i get some laughs
but hey it is kinda funny to see a 6'4" guy climb out of a tiny little car
like this.  I'm tryin to get people interested in old british cars, so far
not much luck, except one of my teacher's husbands he's set on a '67 3000. I
guess that's ok. Oh well i'll keep tryin.
One more thing, I get that crazy fool thing all the time too.

Matt Smith
'67 Sprite