Re: fiberglass nose update and car color

To: cfchrist <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: fiberglass nose update and car color
From: Rick Snover <rsnover@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 07:03:15 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Chuck,

I found a short article entitled "Fashion Show - unusual 'bonnets' for
the pampered Sprite" from Road & Track Feb 1961 reprinted in Brooklands
Books "Road & Track on Austin Healey 1953-1970", ISBN 0 946 489 106
(available from AHCUSA). It includes pictures of five after-market
bonnets, including one made by J. Geddes of Manhattan Beach, Calif. that
has a slight peak down the middle and "...uses standard hardware but
carries a special grille." The grille is full-width, and appears to
consist of five horizontal bars or slats.

--
Rick Snover, San Diego, CA
http://www.netcom.com/~rsnover/