Car problem, and I'm at work

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Car problem, and I'm at work
From: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:06:34 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had to take the Midget with me to work today-not a bad thing, since the
weather is so lovely. I lumber through town, on my way to the highway, and
eveything is running perfectly. Complete my trip on highway, and come to a
stop at the bottom of the ramp. Car is idling at 2,000 rpm. I blip the
throttle in hopes of getting it down. No luck.

I drive on. At traffic light, still at 2,000. Next stop, it's idling at 3,000
rpm. WHat's happening? I'm at work and have to get myself home in rush hour
traffic, and I'd rather it not keep increasing its idle speed. Is there
anything I can do?

Help!

Tom