Re: Dead Midget...

To: "Love Charles M (Contractor)" <charles.love@logsa.army.mil>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dead Midget...
From: Bruce Lowry <egnorant@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:37:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Rule #1..Check the cheap stuff first. Battery charged, connections tight and
clean,
Are all electricals dead? If so, these 2 will cure 90% of problems. Just no
starter?
Do rule #1. Then rotate engine to check for bound up starter or serious
lockup.
Still nothing? check soleniod with jumper from battery side to switch
terminal (the little one!) Careful of electricity, it can produce cuss words
and make you spill your beer! Does it click or does it do nothing?  Nothing
yet!!?? Suspect soleniod but check starter too.  Do Rule #1 again. Put beer
on workbench/floor/ground, find heavy wire to jump from battery side of
soleniod to
starter side. Wear heavy gloves, protect against arcing to other parts of
car, saftey glasses, beer safe, kids in the house, out of gear, emergency
brake, ignition off, wheel chocks, beer safe distance away. jump the soleniod
terminals. Still nothing?
Do rule #1 again. A battery that will light a test lamp can often fail to
click a soleniod. A wire that feels tight can still have resistant corrosion
that will not pass sufficient current. If none of this works to find/remedy
the problem the proper rituals will be sent to you by other lister of a
higher rank in the Lucas Blackness Arts Academy. I will donate the cat for
step 7 and wait for the full moon.
Bruce Lowry
More time than money...
More enthusiasm than experience...