Re: MC Help

To: Michael Walter <mwalter@luminet.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MC Help
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:25:07 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Michael,

It's like a "slinky"... you should be able to gingerly unwind it from the
groove toward the end of the shaft. Not bad compared to trying to remove
the two circlips from the cylinder bore. You'll need some really long
tipped circlip pliers to do that. The nylon washer after the first circlip
is a pain to remove too.

Gerard

At 4:59 PM -0500 9/3/99, Michael Walter wrote:
>I am in the process of trying to rebuild the brake Master Cylinder on a '79
>midget (dual chamber). I got it out of the car. The first thing the manual
>says is to remove the Spirolex washer and then the retainer and spring. My
>question: How the hell to you remove the spirolex washer. I have compressed
>the spring and had a look. There is no seam! I know one of you folks has
>done this. Help me, please.
>
>Michael Walter
>mwalter@luminet.net

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux