Score!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Score!!
From: curt.onstott@orst.edu
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 11:21:05 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I spent the weekend at the ABFM in Oregon.  If you were there, you may have
seen my White SII XJ6 next to my camp with one of the wheels off as I
replaced a brake hose that exploded on Saturday.  I managed to find a
replacement hose at the swap meet and got the brakes back on line.  Will be
replacing the other hoses this week!

Anyway, at the swap meet I bought a used snapon computerized
cylinder-shorting tachometer/dwell meter for $23.00!!!  It is one of the
coolest addtions to my tool collection in several years.  What does it do?
You hook it up to your battery, coil negative wire and hook an inductive
probe up to your first spark plug wire.

The unit then asks you how many cylinders your engine has, whether it is a
two or four cycle engine and what the firing order for the engine is.  Then
it gives you a digital readour of the rpm and dwell.  However, the coolest
feature that this unit has is that it has a numbered button for each
cylinder on the engine.  If you hold a numbered button down, it turns off
the spark to the corresponding cylinder and tells you how much the engine
rpm's have dropped.  It makes it very easy to diagnose a rough idle or
misfire.