Gearshift buzzzzzzz

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearshift buzzzzzzz
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 22:51:37 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Good evening list...

I finally got to take the Midget out for an evening ride in the country,
with a cruise through Hunterdon County, NJ.  Sure was enjoyable, with the
stars above, and the deer by the side of the road.  Not California SR49, but
twisty enough, just the same.

Then, about a mile from home, an irritating buzzing sound started emerging
from the transmission.  Most pronounced in third and fourth gear, so I
couldn't tell if it was a specific gear, or just related to the speed of the
car.  Oddly though, the buzzing seemed as if it was emenating from the stick
shifter, and not from within the transmission.  Does anyone have any ideas?
It started relatively quickly; we had been running just fine for the past 90
minutes, and there didn't seem to be any other symptoms or occurances.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com