Re: philly beer Was: Re: Midget packing...etc. (delurking, btw)

To: "PaulM" <pmetzger@top.monad.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: philly beer Was: Re: Midget packing...etc. (delurking, btw)
From: "Harris Goodkind" <harris@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:20:23 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
As a Philly native (although only up to age 15...short of legal drinking
age) I can remember my father drinking both Schmidt's and Schlitz.  By the
way, Schlitz was called "Joe's Beer."  Said so right on the can.
Harris
59 Bugeye Sprite (down to bare metal and looking pretty naked!)

----------
> From: PaulM <pmetzger@top.monad.net>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: philly beer Was: Re: Midget packing...etc.  (delurking, btw)
> Date: Wednesday, September 15, 1999 3:07 PM
>
> hi listers,
>       wasn't there a philly beer called schmidt's? i seem to recall a
> fraternity brother from haddonfield fondly reminiscing about drinking
> 10 cent drafts of it (many moons ago). he claimed the draft version
> tasted a lot better than the swill we were drinking from bottles and
> cans up here in nh.
>
> paul m
>
> > Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
> >

> > > I give up on the beverage.  A web search didn't help.  Do you
remember
> > > Schlitz beer from Philly?  "Schlitz will ring the bell for ya,
Schlitz of