Re: Weather Stripping Info/rear window

To: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Subject: Re: Weather Stripping Info/rear window
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:17:37 -0400
Cc: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jim Rowan wrote:

> Thanks. This is just what I needed. Now all I am in need of is the actual
> plexiglass (?)
> rear window. Anybody have any sources?

If it was not glass originally, Lexan (brand) plexi is highly bendable
and more durable then standard plexi. It will take 2 or 3 able bodied
people to bend the lexan and pop it in the weatherstrip.
Been there, done that and with some finesse and a heat gun or a lot of
finesse and a propane torch, you can gently heat the curved areas after
it is installed to take some of the pressure off the bends.
Worked for me.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

60 Bugeye Sprite (my car)
67 Sprite (wife's car)
59 Austin A40 Farina w/AC (daughters car)
71 MG Midget racer (working on it)

http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/