74 Midget Q's

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 Midget Q's
From: richard.arnold@juno.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:06:55 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
For various reasons, I am assisting a gentleman with assembling the 74
Midget he purchased.  This was an aborted project; not concours, but the
work as a whole was well-done, and most of the parts seem to be there
(and they're labeled, too!).

The car is intended to be a fair weather driver.  The undercarriage has
been painted but not undercoated, and I could not find any evidence of
WaxOyl or similar being applied.  The entire body tub, inside and out,
has been painted.  Should I recommend that he have it undercoated, and
rust treated?

Next, how does one install those little chrome M-I-D-G-E-T letters to the
rocker panel?  Unfortunately, before I arrived on the scene, these were
glued on with "Goop", which leads me to another question:  How does one
remove an adhesive without damaging the paint?

Thanks!

Rich -- Council Bluffs, Iowa
'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com