Re: moss fall fest.

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: moss fall fest.
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 11:03:33 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/18/1999 4:34:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

<< got there a little late!  about 12:30 with family in tow.   found a nice
 used early 58 bugeye set of headlight buckets complete for 10.00!!!  an
 early bosch blue coil for a buck!  and a bunch of minature adel clamps like
 50 or so for 2 bucks!   the cars were great!  >>

I got there early, since I get up early.  It took nearly two hours in the
Mitsubishi, but I was there at 10 and stayed until noon.  Sorry I missed you
Chuck.  There were some great cars there.  I was especially thankful to the
other Midget 1500 owners who talked for a while about what is supposed to be
in the engine bay.  My car is de-smogged and has a Weber, so a full engine is
quite different.

It was also nice to see some different cars.  I was talking to the owner of a
1954 Sunbeam Alpine, and it was very nice.  He had just gotten it running
after it sat and then was worked on for something like 18 years!  Cracked
windshield was a detractor, and will be difficult to find, but he has done
nothing to the engine, not even a tuneup!  Who said that British cars are not
reliable!

I mentioned before that I had to loosten the alternator in mine to get to
spark plug #1, but the other Midget 1500s I saw had more room in there.  I
may look for a longer fan belt for my car, which will make tune ups much
easier.  There apparently is enough room for a lower sitting alternator.

I was also glad to meet listers Nick Ferrant and George Marinos.  Great
talking with you both, and your cars live up to the quality of your posts!
Nick's Bugeye is beautiful and George brought his daughter's Sprite.

Now I'm really looking forward to MG at Mercer in Doylestown, PA (Bucks
County) on Octomer 2.  My Midget will be there for it's first show...Ready or
NOT!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport