Temp Gauge Markings - What do they mean?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp Gauge Markings - What do they mean?
From: John Gottstein <gottstein@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:57:13 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, I have one of those water temp/oil pressure combo gauges.  The water
temperature part doesn't have temperature markings, just a C on one
side, an H on the other, and an arch in between that is white on the
ends and black in the middle.

Does anyone know what temperatures the chite and black sections
correspond to?

I need to replace this gauge, and I'm considering getting a dual gauge
made by Smiths with actual degree markings on the temperature gauge, but
would rather have the stock gauge.

Thanks a lot,

John

--