Re: Fans (Re: More on the Heat thread)

To: "andi payn" <payn@null.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fans (Re: More on the Heat thread)
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:45:15 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If your fresh air intake hose is intact, the fan boosts the airflow when the
defrost dial is turned to on.  At highway speeds there is very little
difference in air flow, but when stopped, lots more air.

As for the Hazards, the rocker switch is really two switches inside.  It is
very common with the lack of use that this switch sees for the contacts
inside it to corrode, causing only the left, or right  side lights to flash,
and, can cause the turn signal indicators to fail after use.  Dissasemble
the switch by carefully prying the rocker out from the front and clean the
four contacts with emery cloth, being carefull not to loose the two small
springs and white plastic plungers.  Upon reassembly, the problems will be
gone (or you will need a new switch :-O )
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon