Re: Question: Exhaust.

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Question: Exhaust.
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:57:39 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
Last year my brother and I picked up 2 sets of headers from the Bendigo all
makes & models national swap meet (biggest one in Aust.)
I got a 3 into 1 and he got an LCB with 2 outlets ( no 2into1 adaptor on the
end). Later that day he bought a pair of chrome motorcycle mufflers and used
it all to fashion a twin exhaust. Its quite a neat setup..cyls. 1 & $
popping out one side and 2&3 the other..true stereo! It sounds pretty wild
but personally I preferred the note his old exhaust had...but it was very
close to total disintegration.
The pipes emerge from each side just in front of the rear wheels. I was a
bit concernred about CO poisoning but it's OK. It was very loud but he put a
'droopy' tip on each pipe, pointing the sound at the road  and that did the
trick. It's different..and I like it. I fon't really  know if it gave any
power gain, the old system was good...just old.
Andy