Re: lean/standard/rich needles in Mo$$

To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: lean/standard/rich needles in Mo$$
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:20:08 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Justin Cook wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations/experience with
> the SU needles listed as standard/rich?  What are the
> differences (beyond the obvious) -- I assume the rich
> needle does something that can't be done by running
> the standard needle adjusted a flat or two on the rich
> side.  What modifications would warrant a "rich"
> needle?

SU needles come in many different "profiles" A rich needle would have a
slightly thinner profile then a lean needle.
There are also various size changes along the shaft of each needle.
This is the taper, as the piston rises, the needle moves up allowing
more fuel to come out of the jet.
The SU needle chart shows and explains each type and size of needle.
A "we tight" trick for a richer needle is to file a flat near the point
of the needle.

For SU parts, check out  http://www.burlen.co.uk/
They sell to anybody.

--