Re: Spridget shoes

To: <Tomsjetta@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget shoes
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:14:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My Preference - Michelin 175/70 R13's They tend to be a little tight on
the front wings but unless you bottom the suspension on a tight corner
they work OK. 2nd Coice Michelin 165/70 R13's

Larry

At this exact moment in time 9/30/99 1:05, Tomsjetta@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>Hello list-
>
>You've all been so helpful so far, I am very appreciative of your support.
>I'm in a quandry over the tires on my car. To start, I'll remind you that
>the
>car in question is a '78 Midget with Rostyles. Overall, I'd say the tread is
>pretty good, but these are hardly new tires. I kind of get the feeling this
>car has really not been driven a lot the past few years. There is a bunch of
>very tiny but consistent cracks on the sidewalls. Worse, there is a slow
>leak
>on both tires on the driver's side. I have owned the car for almost two
>months, and twice now both tires have lost 10 lbs of pressure each since I
>filled them up with air.
>
>Also, one of the front tires appears to toed in a bit. The car tracks fine,
>but it's clearly at a slight angle. I think a simple alignment job will do
>the trick. Also, my steering wheel is way off center while driving straight.
>I find this annoying and cosmetically unpleasant for one, but more
>importantly, I can't get a read of my tach when I'm driving in a straight
>line.
>
>If I go to a tire shop, can they correct this? Also, does the list have a
>favorite tire choice for this car? My local tire dealer tends to want to
>sell
>whatever tire they are being told to push, which is not always the best tire
>for the car. If I walk in there knowing what kind of tire I want, I should
>make out ok.
>
>As always, I eagerly await your advice....
>
>Tom
>78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu