Re: What are these wires?

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: What are these wires?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 18:10:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." wrote:

> Question:  I found two black wires behind the dash that I have no
> idea what they are for.  They are terminated in bullet connectors on
> one end, and connected to either side of the knob housing that
> controls the heater's damper position via a pull cable on the other
> end.  Currently, they are not hooked up to anything - the bullet
> ends are hanging around under the dash.  Using the continuity
> mode on a volt meter I found that they are not electrically
> connected together.  Additionally, I found that they are not
> connected to ground.  What gives?

Paul

These wire control the heater fan, most times the cable shorts out the
wires, so POs disconnect them.
One should go to the blower, the other to a green (hot with ign on)
lead.
Do check and make sure the switch is not shorted out.
Twist the heater knob to turn on the blower.

--
 Frank
"Drive it Like You Stole it"