CORRECTION: Spridget tonneaus

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: CORRECTION: Spridget tonneaus
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 13:24:15 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Correction:
"while the Sprite did NOT come with headrests.

Sorry,
Paul

Bill,

I doubt that it will fit because of the convertible top arrangement.  The
Midget top folds down and stays in the cockpit.  The Sprite top stores in
the boot.  Therefore, the Midget cockpit was lengthended to accomodate
the folding top arrangement.  Also, the Midget has a raised ridge around
the outside of the cockpit.  I think the tonneau snaps to it while the Sprite
tonneau uses the tear drop shaped hooks with two small bars installed in
the tonneau.  Finally, the Midget tonneau will probably have provisions for
headrests while the Sprite did come with headrests.

Paul

From:                   BILL <billh@aaai.com>

Does anyone know if a late model Midget (don't know year yet) tonneau
will fit an early (MK II) Sprite? I have to modify anyway (for a
rollbar) so minor modifications are okay. I know I could have one made
but I have a decent MGB tonneau in good condition that I'm trading with
this person.
Thanks
Bill Hunt
64 MKII - Herbytoy