Re: auto-stick

To: cfchrist <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: auto-stick
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 00:44:01 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
They weren't all that uncommon years back.  VW also had what they called their
"stick shift automatic."  Porsche called theirs "Sport-O-Matic".  Richie Genther
(drove for Porsche a number of years) sat in my office on one of his visits and
told me that he actually turned quicker lap times with the Sport-O than he did
with a manual tranny...go figure.  He also said he'd never own a Porsche with an
"automatic"!

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down!