Re: Fwd: Door A-Post.

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Door A-Post.
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:05:37 EDT
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi David,

I can't be of a lot of help on this, but I can tell you that when I
restore a Morris and do door trading, Some doors need shimming under the
hinge at the A post.  They come in various thicknesses for these cars, so
I would think that putting shims or spacers on you car so the door clears
the skin on opening would be just fine.  Make sure that it doesn't make
the door move too far to the rear so it won't latch properly.

I have also made the shims when needed.  Pretty easy, and they are not
welded in place, just have the hinge screws go through them to hold them.

Regards, Paul

PAsgeirsson@juno.com