Please don't pass it on!

Subject: Please don't pass it on!
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:56:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Richard Shipman wrote:

> >Hello!
> >We are in Grade 5 at Bill Arp Elementary School
> >in Douglasville, GA which is about 20 minutes west of
> >Atlanta, GA., USA.  We have decided to map an email
> >project.  We are curious to see where in the world our
> >email will travel by internet between the period of
> >Sept. 21 - Nov. 19, 1999.

Mr. Blevins' fifth grade class learned more about exponential growth than
geography with this project.  A member of another mailing list I'm on
received this reply when she wrote to the class.

"Help stop the madness...from Mr. Blevins' Class   10/7/99
We are using the autoresponder feature of our email account to send out a big
THANK YOU for helping us with our project. We have received over 22,000
emails since Sept. 21. The response has been overwhelming and we have really
enjoyed it.  PLEASE HELP US by not forwarding our message.  If you have
already forwarded it, we would really appreciate it if you would forward
another message to your friends and let them know that we are soon going to
allow our email account to stay closed....please mark your subj line as
URGENT or something like that."

Amy