Re: Installing Roller Rockers

To: chuckc@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Installing Roller Rockers
From: Michael D Myers <mdmyers_ct@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:09:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I think you have a typo in your clearances. According to Vizard's book, a
stock cam
should have .012" clearance at the valve tip with a 1.25:1  rocker ratio,
.015" with
a 1.5:1 rocker ratio.

If your roller rockers have a needle bearing fulcrum, They may be noisier
because you
do not damp out the valvetrain noise like you would with the oil in the
bushing type
fulcrum.

Mike Myers
'63 MKII Sprite
(Torrington needle bearing engineer by trade)