Re: English terminology

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: English terminology
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:36:48 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/13/99 12:15:42 AM, Herb_Goede@amsinc.com writes:

<< You do understand that they are talking about body working with lead, don't
you?  Superior to Bondo but much more expensive, heavier and harder to use.
I recently stripped a '79 RX7 for painting.  To my surprise the seams are
braised -  not leaded.  Do you know if that is common? >>

Do not know if it is common now but in the 1950's braising was preferred over
lead for hot rods.  It also was much harder to do and not ruin the
surrounding metal, or so I have been told.

Bob (and Annice)