Re: Fastest MG

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fastest MG
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:25:32 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It is so hard for me to explain to someone who hasn't been there just how
big that Number is.... 254mph on the salt is way past COOKING!

This environment isn't user friendly... and those old records like that
were set by Brilliant men going faster then they had a right to with the
technology of the day...

needless to say I am in awe of their ability.... Hell I am using semi late
model technology and I can't get past two bills on the salt yet.  Which has
more to do with coefficients of Drag then anything... When I build the
Bugeye it will have less then half of the current frontal area of the
Camaro... and that's the key to going fast.  Small Car / big Horsepower/
and a rather large Jock strap = SPEED.

Just my thoughts...

Keith Turk (ECTA 200mph club life member)
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)
----------
> From: Ajhsys@aol.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Fastest MG
> Date: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 10:27 AM
>
> Those of you who are also on the MGs list probably saw this, but it
> is worth forwarding.  It was posted by Kim Tonry of the NAMGBR.
> Maybe Kieth Turk could rebadge his car as an MG!
>
> Allen Hefner
> SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
> '77 Midget
> '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

> "I meant to post this 10 days ago but didn't get to it.
>
> 40 years ago, on October 2, 1959, Phil Hill set the record for the
fastest MG
> ever in EX 181 at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. Mr. Hill's speed of
> 254.91mph still stands today as the fastest MG on record. The Syd Enever
> designed EX 181 streamlined car, also known as the "Roaring Raindrop",
still
> exists today and is on display at the British Motor Industry Heritage
Trust