Re: Australian Sprites and Midgets (was Sprite at Sydney Motor Show)

To: "Australian Sprites and Midgets" <spridgets.aus@listbot.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Australian Sprites and Midgets (was Sprite at Sydney Motor Show)
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:13:16 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: Eriks Skinkis <eriks@netspace.net.au>

> Australian Sprites and Midgets -
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/4936

This is a bit misleading. The "Sprite Car Club of Australia" is really
misnamed.
It is one of 3 active spridget clubs - it is the predominantly NSW club.

There are clubs in Victoria (Austin Healey Sprite Drivers Club
http://yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au/~mg/cars/ahsdc.html) , and South Australia (no
web page that I know of). In some other states - Western Australia,
Queensland, Sprites are
part of the (predominately) big Healey clubs. In Tasmania, some are members
of
AHSDC, some of the NSW club. I don't know of any spridgets in the Northern
Territory but who knows.

We (AHSDC) y have over 220 members and probably 150+ cars in the AHSDC.

BTW, Bert langford's bugeye is truly world class. I have some photos from
the
national meet back in Easter
(http://home.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg/cars/bert.htm).
It is worth a look. The whole national meet article is
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg/cars/99challenge.htm

Mike