Re: Stupid thieves

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid thieves
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:49:56 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Howdy listers,

Thanks for the ideas on how better to secure the garage.  I've already
disconnected the wires that ran to the switch.  Evidently that was something
maintenance was supposed to do over a year ago, but for whatever reason my
garage was skipped.  I can't use the 2X4 method because the only entrance to
the garage is the garage door..  I'll look into a motion sensor to add.
However,  now that the lock is no longer wired, they'll either have to use a
code scanner to open the door, or cut through it.  I hope they don't take
those measures.  But I checked and my insurance is current and it does cover
a detached garage.  It's just a pain to go and replace that stuff if it is
taken.  Thanks again to the list!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA

PS  I wish I was still in Texas.  In Texas, you can use deadly force at
night to protect personal property.  In CA, if you do that, you just get
sued by the burglar.