Re: rust removal off small parts

To: ldsp@flash.net
Subject: Re: rust removal off small parts
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 08:07:25 EDT
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Leo,

I've been using a product called Oxy Solve that I purchased from the Eastwood
Co..  It works very well.  It's sold by the gallon, and one gallon goes a
long way.  For small parts, you can either dip them in a container full of
the stuff, or brush it on with a paint brush.  It works slowly, but very
well.  A typical rusted small part might need to be in the solution for up to
24 hours (heavy rust), depending on how heavy the rust is.  It will only
remove the oxidation, so leaving the part in longer will not damage it.  I
also use it on freshly sandblasted sheet metal parts to remove any minute
rust that is not obvious to the eye.  You simply wash the parts with a mild
detergent when you're finished, then dry them off, then prime.

This didn't really answer your question, but I thought I'd share what I like
to use.

Good luck,

Scott Helms