Re: Question on engine swap

To: Metallian6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Question on engine swap
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:22:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Metallian6@aol.com wrote:

> Hi list. I am thinking about dropping a 1500cc Spitfire engine in my 62
> Sprite after the body work is done.

First off the 1500 will not fit. There is a recess in the front cross
member of a 1500 Midget for the spitfire engine front pulley, I know a
guy who tried like hell to fit it but gave up.
It is easier to fit a GM V6 in a sprite then a 1500 engine.
Also all the wiring is on the other side too.

Daniel was correct in that a 1275 (or any A series) will fit in a 1500
engine bay but not the other way around without series frame mods.

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will