Re: Car Shows Was Re: Club Apathy (relatively long) -

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Car Shows Was Re: Club Apathy (relatively long) -
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:26:55 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, triumphs-owner@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/19/99 11:04:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Bottom line. Own and enjoy the type of car you want to own and enjoy. Don't
 own or build a car to win a $10.00 trophy. Don't build a car to win a show
 and don't attend a show just to win an award. >>

I like this line of thinking, but let me suggest an alternative.  I like to
enter my car in car shows, but don't give a damn for the trophy--my midget
wouldnt win crap at a crap show, but I like it.  And I like for people to see
it and ask quetions about it. Besides its the best parking space at the show.
 And I like talking with other people and looking at the other cars,
including the concours.   And I sometimes find that special treasure at the
swap meets.

Sooo--how about having a class of cars that are entered into the show but are
not entered into the competition?  Just guys like me, and I sense some others
on the list, who would like to enter but choose not to compete?   I don't
want to step on the toes of the competitors, but I really am not interested
in having my DD compete against another car.  It's mine, it won the
competition when I chose it--its a winner in my own mind.  <g>

---David C.