Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:29:26 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello all,

After reading many messages here on the list, I'm getting a bit worried
about the oil pressure situation in my Sprite.  I've never really worried
about it too much.  I have a 1275 and I put 5W-30 Mobil One in the engine.
When I start the car, I get 50-70 pounds of pressure.  When I get on the
highway (65-70 mph), the pressure stabilizes at 30 pounds after a few miles.
When I exit the highway, it drops to 20 pounds, and once I get going again,
it peaks at 40 pounds and stabilizes again at 30 pounds.  Does this sound
ok?  I've put about 15,000 miles on the engine over the past few years like
this.  Should I move to a thicker oil, say a 20W-50?  Any thoughts are
appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA