Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)

To: "Brent, Tatiana & Monito Wolf" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)
From: Bruce Lowry <egnorant@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 01:02:57 -0500
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> Over 3500 rpm is the only way to go!!! I have had my bone-stock 60 Bugeye for
> about a year.

For the first 6 months or so I just puttered around in it like it was a
golf-cart at a retirement community. I learned it had 40 odd horsies under the
hood (bonnet..whatever!!) so I treated it with kid gloves. I knew it was
probably tuned bad and thought it was going to fall apart or explode if I pushed
it. Then one day I had a crisis....Only car available was Cosmo and time was
running short.Hotshot down I-20 to Shreveport La. from Texas and let er rip!!!
At about 3800 Rpm I discovered a different car. 4300 Rpm and the traffic was
wonderful. Coming back I hit the smaller roads to experiment a bit.....Pulled
strong to about 5500 Rpm where I chickened out.
    As to the conditions of Texas roads...I hope you have to go through Arkansas
first, then you will appreciate the fine roads of Texas! The roads between my
house and my work (15 miles) are so smooth that I didn't realize I had a bad
bushing on the left front until I took it in to get my $29.95
Michelins put on with an impact wrench.
    I plan on being there and will enjoy the roads all the way.
Bruce Lowry