Re: Zoom, was Elizabeth's GT

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Zoom, was Elizabeth's GT
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:36:53 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
'Course we're nuts - thats why we drive Spridgets.
Just some are more nuts than others.
I regularly cruise my '78 at 90mph (overdrive top gear) at which it hums
happily along at a little over 4500rpm
I have gone well past 100, but then the thing does feel just a 'tad light on
the steering - plus I value my driver's licence to much.
As for noise - much less mechanical noise with the top down, mostly just
wind ('scuse me!)
On a longer trip I use race-style foam ear plugs which cut out the higher
frequencies but you still get a nice note from the twin tail pipes.
just enjoy!
Guy