Re: MGB question

To: Metallian6@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB question
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:33:05 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/3/99 6:35:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Metallian6@aol.com writes:

<< I was
 thinking about trading my Trans Am for the MGB + $500.00.  >>

Jamie:

You are paying $500 for the MGB, giving your Trans Am and $500 for the MGB,
or trading your Transam for the MGB and getting $500 from the MGB owner?

$500 doesnt sound bad if the body is in that great of shape.  Floor pans are
usual replacements--but beware!  I would surmise that if the floor pans are
in that bad of shape there may be more rust in there than is apparant by
looking.  Crawl under it and poke the frame members with a screwdriver, check
the lower A-posts--look for any rust bubbles--check the body with a small
magnet for bondo.  Does the engine run or turn over?  Somewhere there is a
checklist for checking out a used Spridget--it probably would work for an MGB
too.  Maybe someone on the list can send you the whereabouts of that
checklist.

I bought my Sprite for $400, and am replacing virtually the entire lower body
tub.  When finished, I should have at least as much as I could get for the
car if i were to sell it--probably a hell of a lot more. Especially if you
count my time.

---David C.