Off Topic -- Static Electricity

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Off Topic -- Static Electricity
From: richard.arnold@juno.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 06:39:55 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK, I know this is off topic, but....

The BarcaLounger on Wheels ('86 Ford Crown Vickie) has developed some
shocking behavioral problems, literally.

Over the last couple of months (as the weather gets drier), I develop a
charge of what I assume is static electricity which discharges when I get
out and put my hand on the door (grounding myself).  This occurs whether
it was a short or long drive (five minutes to an hour or longer), but
doesn't happen during damp weather.

I'm a little tired of getting zapped, but have never ran into this
problem before.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com