Re: 1500 Oil Filter

To: Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Subject: Re: 1500 Oil Filter
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:45:23 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Terry Williams wrote:

> Hello all...presently, a debate (perhaps quest would be a better term) has
> ensued among members of BATANS (British Touring Association of Nova Scotia)
> with regards to the oil filter number for use on the 1500. We believe that
> the Midget 1500 used two types differentiated by the size of the mounting
> bolt. This may have been covered in the spridget archives, but I'd
> appreciate your indulgence.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Terry Williams

I can tell you this, the spitfire and the midget use two different
oil filters.  I kow as I have both engines in the garage.  I will check
the engines tonight and let you know what filters are on each.  The Midget
filter will not fit on the spitfire engine, because the center threaded
pipe is to short to reach the filter.  Not really sure if this answers the
question about the Midget using two different oil filters.  BTW, my Midget
is a 77, with a 1500cc spitfire engine.

Later,

Bill