More on thermostat housing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More on thermostat housing
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 12:22:05 EST
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi List,

Frank was going to check up on the thermostat housing measurements for me
after I clarified some details.  However, in the interim I checked my Haynes
manual and the DIY restoration guide books I have shows a housing which is
like the NEW one I have just fitted and not like my old one I have just
removed.  Both have the part number cast into the design and both read 12G
1902.  So, it does appear that the design of the housing was changed while
the part number remained the same.  My car was registered in 1969 so would
have been one of the earlier cars that had the crossflow radiator on it.  All
you concours judges tell me what you think?

Daniel