Re: New windshield glass

To: JoeT@FutureSoft.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New windshield glass
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:46:45 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/15/99 9:33:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
JoeT@FutureSoft.com writes:

<< Anyone have any hints for replacing the windshield glass in my '61 Bugeye?
 have the frame off the car and new seal. >>

One, Joe.  I have seen lots of hints for replacing the winshield and rubber
on Spridgets and the suggestion is always that you have to lubricate the
rubber.  I have seen several suggestions as to what to use for lubricant,
including detergent.  I was wondering about using K-2 Jelly.    You will find
it near the condoms in the supermarket or drug store.  The stuff is just
plain slick and is water soluble, which means it wont eat at the rubber.
Don't ask me how I know.

--David C.