Re: Rotten floor

To: Dmrams@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rotten floor
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:35:38 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Dmrams@aol.com wrote:

>     What's the best approach to removing the floor pan (drivers side) from a
> Bugeye?

I'm facing the same question with a Sprite MK II.  Seems that I have some rust
on floor as connects to frame rail, and open holes.  Say you are getting a left
side replacement floor panel, you need a good bit of steel out from the tranny
tunnel to connect too.  When you cut toward the tranny, I understand you should
leave enough steel to connect with.  I was planning on using air chisel hammers
once obtaining a compressor, a grinder, and a manual or air nibbler(Eastman Co).
I was wondering if there is a good way of detaching the welds on the side rails
or sills without causing too much damage?  Best of luck.  D. Michael