Re: bonnet numbers

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: bonnet numbers
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:40:18 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
BCAH@aol.com wrote:

> I don't understand,---are there two numbers stamped into the bonnet near the
> hinge? Are we talking Bugeye here? I have a number stamped into the sheet
> metal above the passengers knee area ( engine side) which on other cars was
> close to , but never the same, as the ID number. I have always wanted to know
> the true ID number of my car as when I bought it there were no numbers
> anywhere except the above mentioned one.     Bob  C

I did a research project on these "body numbers" a few years ago.
It was for the Sprite Newsleter. All Bugeyes had a number stamped in the
body near the right bonnet hinge, and it was close to but not the same
as the chassis ID#.
All other (square body) spridgets have the chassis ID stamped in the
frame near the front shock mount. This number is supposed to match the
chassis ID (VIN#)
--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will